Thursday, February 2, 2012

Soul Train Memories


I gotta say I was shocked when I found out about the passing of Don Cornelius. I like many other grew up watching this show and watching it with friends and family. The performances, the dances all of it a staple in the black community. The "Soul Train Line" is damn near a staple at every black event from a wedding to a family gathering. I won't go to much into detail about his untimely death.. but I will say an impact was made with this show. A trendsetter from as many followed from American Bandstand to 106 & Park.. there will never ever be another Soul Train. Enjoy some of my personaly favorite moments.



Al Green (with the broken arm) "Here I Am"



Elton John "Bennie and the Jets"



Jeffery Daniels invented the "Moonwalk"



New Edition w/ new member Johnny Gill and announcing the infamous Heartbreak Tour



James Brown and the JBs Various Hits..



Magic Johnson even grooved on Soul Train..



Don traveling down the Soul Train Line..

I think THAT is the way to remember him.. at least for me. Thanks for being an innovator..ICON and movement for people in many ways. You will be missed.